Discover how to use FamilySearch.org! Learn how to tackle the largest free genealogy website with this in-depth user guide, newly updated to reflect the site’s latest developments.
The Unofficial Guide to FamilySearch.org, second edition, shows you how to find your family in the site’s databases of more than 3.5 billion names and millions of digitized historical records spanning the globe. Learn how to maximize all of FamilySearch.org’s research tools–including hard to find features–to extend your family tree in the United States and the old country.
This comprehensive guide contains valuable FamilySearch.org tips, including:
- Step-by-step strategies for crafting search queries that find ancestors fast
- Practical pointers for locating your ancestors in record collections that aren’t keyword searchable
- Detailed overviews of FamilySearch.org’s major US, European, Canadian, and Mexican collections, plus records from more than 100 other countries
- Tips for creating and managing your family tree on FamilySearch.org
- Expert tips for utilizing user-submitted genealogies, digitized family history books, and the FamilySearch catalog of 2.4 million offline resources you can borrow through a local Family History Center
- Illustrated step-by-step examples that will teach you exactly how to apply these tips and techniques to your own research
- Worksheets and checklists to track your research progress
Whether you’re new to FamilySearch.org or a longtime user, you’ll find the guidance you need in the Unofficial Guide to FamilySearch.org to discover your ancestors and make the most of the site’s valuable resources.