Paint lively and lovable animals of all kinds!
Capture all the natural charm and personality of your favorite animals. Bestselling author and beloved teacher Claudia Nice makes it fun. With step-by-step guidance, Claudia shows you just how easy it is to paint a menagerie of lively creatures in her trademark pen, ink and watercolor technique.
Follow along and see for yourself. Whether you are a beginner attempting to paint your first animal subject, or a more experienced artist looking to broaden your skills, you’ll find this book to be both entertaining and instructive. It features:
- 14 complete step-by-step demonstrations
- A range of delightful animal subjects, including dogs, cats, horses, pigs, sheep, bunnies, birds, and more
- 60+ mini demos and quick studies that focus on getting the details right, such as fur, feathers, feet, facial expressions and backgrounds
- Techniques for painting from photos, sketches and memories
- Key tips for working with ink and watercolors successfully
Claudia starts by simplifying the animal subject into basic shapes and diagrams. She then shows you how to refine these shapes into drawings. From there, you’ll gently add color in simple washes and finish the details with pen and ink.
Discover the versatility and satisfaction of painting with pen, ink and watercolor, and watch your favorite animals spring to life with a charm and detail you’ve never captured before.