Following the success of its inaugural year, entries are now open for the 2019 National Needlecraft Awards. The awards celebrate our most talented Needlecrafters and designers and take place at the Knitting & Stitching Show, Kensington Olympia on 28th February 2019.
Entrants can win over £1,000 of prizes including products from DMC, Purelite, magazine subscriptions from Immediate Media and an online course and kit from the Royal School of Needlework. Every winner will receive a DMC Etoile thread tin and a £10 SewandSo Gift Voucher. All shortlisted entries will receive a ticket to the Knitting & Stitching Show.
Entries close at midnight Friday 4th January 2019. There are 11 categories in total; 9 for Needlecrafters to enter themselves or nominate an entrant and 2 Designer of the Year categories. To enter, visit www.nationalneedlecraftawards.co.uk
The categories are:
- Needlecrafter of the Year: Sponsored by the DMC Group
- Young Needlecrafter of the Year: Sponsored by SewandSo
- Best Original Design – Cross Stitch: Sponsored by Zweigart
- Best Original Design – Embroidery/Tapestry: Sponsored by Zweigart
- Crafting Happier Lives Award: Sponsored by SewandSo
- Best Use of Embroidery in Fashion: Sponsored by RSNOnlineCourses.com
- Technical Excellence in Hand Embroidery: Sponsored by the Royal School of Needlework
- Best Use of Colour: Sponsored by the DMC Group
- Best Miniature Needlecraft: Sponsored by Purelite
- Designer of the Year – Cross Stitch: Sponsored by Immediate Media
- Designer of the Year – Embroidery/Tapestry: Sponsored by Stitchtopia
The National Needlecraft Awards 2019 are brought to you in association with the DMC Group, SewandSo.co.uk, Zweigart, Upper Street Events, Purelite, RSNOnlineCourses.com, the Royal School of Needlework, Immediate Media and Stitchtopia.